Monday, June 23, 2008

assignment #1

My workshop assignment for tomorrow is to take the the first sentence of what I'm working on right now and rewrite it five different ways.

My first sentence is "Anarchy fucking rules."

I feel that this is a very good sentence. I like it a lot. The rest of the paragraph would be thrown off if I rewrite it.

It is a little hard to write five different variations of a three word sentence. I succeeded. The different variations are probably as good as they can possibly be, which is not very good:

"I would like to start out by saying that anarchy fucking rules."

"Doesn’t anarchy fucking rule?"

"I yell, 'Anarchy fucking rules.'"

"I feel very strongly about anarchy fucking ruling."

"Three words: Anarchy. Fucking. Rules."

I feel a little trepidation about printing out a piece of paper for everybody in the class that says, "Anarchy fucking rules," at the top. I will probably show it to the professor and ask, "This is ok? Right?"

I am kind of jealous of the people with first sentences that are more than three words.

No comments: