Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Separation of Church and State

My gas station has a certificate hanging on the wall that says:

"My gas station is hereby granted a license for the sale of frozen desserts, ice cream mix, confectionery soda water or fruit on the lord's day."

I guess "the lord's day" should be capitalized, but every other letter is capitalized, so I didn't bother.

I looked up "the lord's day." It means Sunday.

I think this certificate is pretty bizarre. Not only "the lord's day" thing, but why would they need a license to sell this stuff on one particular day? Shouldn't there be a license to sell it in general? I am too lazy to look and find out. Maybe Massachusetts has an antiquated law left over from the time before Noah?

I think that you aren't allowed to sell liquor around here on Sunday, but ice cream? Is eating ice cream on Sunday really a problem for religious nitwits?

11 comments:

Mike Young said...

Search the history of the ice cream sundae.

Tony and Me Watch TV said...

Separate, but equal.

This is to inform you that I'm submitting my Brad's Dick story today.

I know Brad so I think I have a good chance of winning the $100.

Bradley Sands said...

Paypal me $200 and I will make sure you win.

Tony and Me Watch TV said...

I'm guessing I'll be the only entry

Bradley Sands said...

We have like 42 so far.

Tony and Me Watch TV said...

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Bradley Sands said...

And I haven't even posted the info on the website yet.
















Actually, I have no idea how many submissions there have been so far. Andersen Prunty hasn't told me. I know there has been at least one. I am sure that one story is $100 times better than yours. Unless it is not. But it probably is because you probably wrote your story when you were sober because you have a breathalyser on your computer and shit.

Tony and Me Watch TV said...

yeah, chances are you will not like it much.

Bradley Sands said...

I don't have to like it. The other guy who is doing the anthology has to like it.

kek-w said...

"We have like 42 so far." - jeez....you're a popular guy!

kek-w said...

"I know there has been at least one"

...or maybe not lol.